Archive for Tips & Tricks
A mini office in a chest. From Martha Stewart.
Tools and Materials
Unfinished wooden chest
Cutlery holder or
Modular wooden craft boxes
Paint or stain
Office in a Chest How-To
1. We bought clear-plastic hanging folder file cases, slightly smaller than the chest interior, and slipped them inside.
2. Cut two layers of 1/4-inch-thick cork (available at office-supply […]
1. Be present in the now.
2. Eliminate multi-tasking.
3. Create bumpers in your schedule.
4. Eat slowly, appreciate the food you are feeding your body.
5. Carve out time to just be by yourself . . . to do nothing.
6. Be the master of your life, rather than letting your life master you.
7. Understand what you need.
8. Prioritize […]
Are you desperately trying to be organized, just like me? I came across these tips in the internet. I feel so bad that I can’t remember where I grabbed these tips. It sure pays to be organized. If not for my lists, I would totally forget the rv insurance that I need to look into. […]
1. Set Your Alarm Half an Hour Earlier. Rather than trying to overhaul your schedule or make massive efficiency gains, how about simply setting your alarm half an hour earlier?
2. Go For a Twenty Minute Walk Before Dinner.
3. Put a Bottle of Water On Your Desk. […]
This I got to do. I am probably the most impatient person out there. Here are the ways:
1. Sleep 7-8 Hours
2. Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water
3. Be Like a Wall of Jello
4. Be All There. Don’t Multitask.
5. Start 15 Minutes Early
Read more: http://inspiredtoaction.com/2011/02/how-to-be-a-more-patient-mom-in-just-24-hours/.
I am cutting down on Twitter, not that I have been spending so much time in there to begin with. I do check once in a while, but after reading a page or so, I would opt to sign out. I decided not to renew my Flickr pro account as I find no reason to […]
There are times when I am able to accomplish several things in a day, and there are occasions that I am not. There are days that I just lose my momentum and just decide to not do anything at all. I think I do that when I find a certain task overwhelming. But at the […]
I am all about simplicity and minimalism lately. Blame it on all the minimalism blogs I am following. But I have to admit that having less clutter in the house really does wonder to my mood. Plus cleaning up was so much easier to do, as well. And I can honestly say that right at […]
Love to write. If you love to write and share your thoughts with others, you are well on your way to being a successful blogger.
Concentrate on your writing. Focus your energy like a laser beam on your writing skills.
Find your voice. Find something that you want to say and decide how you are going […]
After reading this, I am convinced more than ever to lessen my son’s toys and clutter in his playroom.
1. Kids learn to be more creative. Too many toys prevent kids from fully developing their gift of imagination.
2. Kids develop longer attention spans. When too many toys are introduced into […]
Have a season of experiences. Instead of buying the kids a pile of gifts they can’t possibly appreciate, spend a portion of their gift money on a holiday experience.
Shop early. Start now while the stores are not completely overblown with Christmas.
Turn off your TV. Tis the season of advertising. Instead of letting these […]
I finally got the chance to organize and purge some of my son’s toys. Four bags of toys will go to Jollibee’s Maaga ang Pasko. A friend thankfully was interested to purchase, at a very minimal price, some of my son’s old toys and that’s three big bags out. I still have a lot though. […]
I recently discovered Becoming Minimalist and I am learning a lot from the posts in there. Here is one that I really like and I am trying to live by.
How to Break Free
1. Declutter, declutter, and declutter some more. Decide what to keep, rather than what to toss.
2. Realize you are not what […]
Are you all set for the holidays? We don’t usually do much in the house, like host parties, during the holidays. But I still find myself buried with so much to-do’s come Christmas. I came across this planning notebook for the holidays from Organizing.YourWay.net and I thought this might help us moms keep track of […]
Mass e-mails, violent video games and even telemarketing calls are a real drain to your productivity and fill up your mind with useless garbage. Rid yourself of these poisons by taking a look at our list below.
1. Improve your focus: By keeping track of your time and setting goals throughout the day, you’ll be […]